Getting a distribution center up and running is a mammoth task, and keeping one running successfully is no easy feat, either. All the people, automated systems and inventory can be a lot to manage, and the best way to stay on top of things is to have eyes on the whole operation. Since distribution centers can be massive, sprawling places, there’s just no way to see it all from ground level. So what do you do? Cameras? Drones? A series of interconnected hammocks? These ideas may work to help out, but the only all-encompassing solution is a mezzanine for your distribution center from Design Components Inc.
Choosing a mezzanine for your distribution center
When it comes to reasons why you’d need a high quality mezzanine for your distribution center, its tougher to find reasons NOT to install one. A mezzanine not only gives you a birds-eye view of your entire operation, it uses space that would otherwise go unused as empty air. With a mezzanine, you are essentially doubling your floor space! And that floor space can be used for just about anything; offices, storage, whatever fits the needs of your distribution center. There is essentially no downside to doubling your space and square footage by adding a mezzanine for your distribution center.
Working with Design Components Inc. is as easy a decision as adding a mezzanine to your distribution center in the first place. The pros at DCI can provide a custom sized mezzanine, as well as the stairs to accompany it, for whatever your distribution center demands. Our mezzanines feature:
- Modular bolt-together systems.
- Sturdy handrail with 4″ kickplate.
- Heavy-duty columns & baseplates.
- Heavy-duty prefabricated stairs and accessories.
- 4-MIL powder coated steel components provide a superior level of durability against abusive, corrosive applications.
In addition to these features, our decking features include:
- Advantech – This is a high quality product superior to ordinary plywood and OSB options due to its enhanced strength and moisture resistance.
- ResinDek – This is high density composite flooring, recommended for mezzanines requiring a solid floor subject to heavy loads from the use of pallet jacks, carts or dollies.
- Diamond Plate – This steel decking is considered to be our second most durable flooring.
- Concrete Flooring – The most durable type of mezzanine flooring by far is concrete.
- Press-locked Grating – This decking is a common choice in the waste management, mining and food service industries.
With so many options, it’s easy to see why adding a mezzanine for your distribution center with Design Components Inc. is just what ytour company needs to keep things running smoothly.
Call Design Components Inc. today!
Since 1978, Design Components Inc. have been the professionals to call when you need accessories for your metal building. From their flagship METALWALK® rooftop walkway system to mezzanines, stairs and more, Design Components Inc. is the company you can trust. Give us a call today at (800) 868-9910 or by email at email@example.com.