Beat The Weather with a Walkway Roof Structure
The elements are unpredictable. There are predictions, radars and advisories but they’re not entirely accurate. With summer ending, fall brings on a new set of weather. Ensuring your buildings and facilities are ready for the rainy fall season is crucial to success. That’s why here at Design Components, we’re focused on providing you with a solution – installing a Walkway Roof Structure.
Protect Your Business from Weather with a Walkway Roof Structure
Rainfall is typically not a major issue for businesses. Indoor operations are protected by doors, windows and structures. Unfortunately, certain aspects of the business can include rooftop maintenance where employees are exposed. Weather tends to put employees at risk without warning. It’s important to know exactly how to protect employees from all weather. That’s why Design Components is here to show you what to look out for before installing a Walkway Roof Structure.
- Identify Risks – Depending on the size of your facility, roofs can span a much wider range. That means there are countless areas that can prove risky to employees; especially during rainfall. It’s important to identify risks before and during the rainy season to ensure safety is number one and employees feel confident in accessing the roof.
- Adjust To Extremes – Rainfall is constantly fluctuating. That means your employees shouldn’t feel uneasy when accessing rooftop equipment and technology. There should be a protocol in place that handles and covers in-depth the extreme weather that can arise. A Walkway Roof Structure is there to provide balance and safety, but preparation beforehand can only help the situation.
- Pinpoint Critical Functions – There are endless factors that helps your business run. However, pinpointing certain areas around the facility that have no option but to operate should be analyzed. If crucial equipment and technology is located on the roof, there always needs to be a way of accessing those functions; even during rainy fall weather.
The Ultimate Walkway Roof Structure is the METALWALK®
Design Components Inc. of Atlanta, GA is the proud exclusive supplier of the Walkway Roof Structure known as METALWALK®. Specified in CSI Division 07-7246 by Architects & Engineers the world over, the METALWALK® Walkway Roof Structure is the gold standard in safe rooftop access.
Our METALWALK® Walkway Roof Structure simultaneously protects your roof from foot traffic damage and protects your employees from slips, trips and falls by giving them a sturdy way to access your rooftop equipment. In conjunction with our Safety Handrail System, the METALWALK® Walkway Roof Structure does not penetrate any standing seam metal roof panels and is fully tested to be OSHA compliant (Meets or exceeds OSHA and IBC code requirements).
The METALWALK® Rooftop Walkway System can easily be paired with many of our other products, including Ladders, Stairs, Roof Hatches and more. Design Components Inc. wants to give your building the access, safety and functionality that you deserve.
Add To Your Walkway Roof Structure
To access Walkway Roof Structures safely during rainfall, there’s another metal building accessory to consider – ladders. Design Components ladders come as single climb, multi-climb or parapet. Wall conditions can be accommodated with or without a Safety Cage depending on your total climb height. Each of our OSHA compliant ladders can be hot dipped Galvanized or powder coated in a variety of standard colors. The perfect companion to our METALWALK® Walkway Roof Structure, our ladders will get your crew from the ground to the roof, safely and reliably. Our ladders have been used in Metal Buildings all over North America, and are among the top choices for Contractors, Architects and Manufacturers worldwide.
- Ladder Construction – Side members are 1/4″x2″x2″ steel angle. Climbing rungs are 3/4″ corrugated steel round rungs spaced on 12″ centers. Stand-off brackets are 7″ or 12″ in length with longer brackets available upon request. Also Aluminum construction can be requested.
- Cage Features – Our OSHA-compliant safety cage designs have flared bottom openings for easy entry. Left or right side step access cage designs are available at no charge.
- General Ladder Information – Our standard fixed and walk-thru ladder models can be used up to 20′ in height without safety cages. OSHA requires safety cages on ladder heights exceeding 20′. Separate cages are now offered for updating older ladders to current safety standards.
Frequently Asked Questions and The Walkway Roof Structure
With a new addition to your building’s roof comes questions. That’s why Design Components wants to provide you with our most frequently asked questions when it comes to a Walkway Roof Structure.
- Does a Walkway Roof Structure like METALWALK® come with a Warranty? Yes! For a period of one (1) year from the date of shipment or one (1) year from completion of installation, warrants that the METALWALK® Walkway Roof Structure & SAFETY HANDRAIL product will be free from defects in materials and/or workmanship at the time of delivery. In the event of any such defect, DCI shall, at its option, repair or replace such defective product.
- Do all Design Component structures meet OSHA guidelines? Always. Each metal building accessory is fully tested to be OSHA compliant (Meets or exceeds OSHA and IBC code requirements). Our Walkway Roof Structures exceed OSHA and IBC 2012 code requirements.
- Does My Company Need A Walkway Roof Structure? Yes – Our METALWALK® Walkway Roof Structure simultaneously protects your roof from foot traffic damage and protects your employees from slips, trips and falls by giving them a sturdy way to access your rooftop equipment. During times of inclement weather, this only makes your employees work safer.
Walkway Roof Structure That Will Get Your Company Ready for a Rainy Season
With 40 years in the industry, Design Components believes in quality, safety and great customer service. Our team of visionaries and engineers work together to bring safe, economical, durable and practical accessories that will enhance your building’s functionality and productivity potential. To find out more about our Walkway Roof Structure, call us today at (800) 868-9910 or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.