Stay Safe with a Metal Building Accessories Supplier
Ensuring your employees are working in a safe environment is key to their well-being and productivity. Investing in a structured safety plan is a long-term benefit. It helps assure your employees that they’re valued. Protocols should not only meet OSHA standards and guidelines, but your specific company as well. If your building requires rooftop access, this Metal Building Accessories Supplier recommends fine tuning your rooftop safety guidelines.
Top Seven List for Rooftop Safety with a Metal Building Accessories Supplier
While indoor equipment is easy to access, equipment atop the roof can be more difficult to reach. Ventilation, lighting and HVAC systems require regular maintenance and monitoring. That’s why it’s vital to your organization to investigate the best rooftop safety. Let your Metal Building Accessories Supplier give you the top seven things to keep your workers safe.
- Use Tools Properly – One of the leading causes of facility injury is improper use of equipment. While not intentional, improper use of equipment can spawn from not-in-depth training or time sensitive rushing. Combat this with regular training and an equipment operation checklist.
- Inform Others – When issues arise, reporting sooner than later is highly recommended. If an issue larger than one individual can correct appears, inform supervisors.
- Clean Areas – Stepping around loose equipment, tools or debris can result in unwanted slips and falls. That’s why Metal Building Accessories Supplier recommends rooftops should remain clean. In order to keep the roofs clean, regular “walks” should happen. This means taking a checklist and seeing what has changed or become hazardous.
- Wearing Appropriate Gear – Uniforms, hard hats, footwear and harnesses should be atop the gear requirements. They’re there to make the job easier as well as keep your workers safe. If any gear is left out, that could result in injury.
- Heat – Design Components wants you to take note to temperatures. Rooftops are directly exposed to the sun therefore making it more exhausting for workers accessing equipment. It’s important they take breaks and dip into the shade in order to maintain a comfortable work flow.
- Climb Cautiously – Accessing rooftops is difficult without the use of ladders. When using, it’s important to ensure they are secure and do not have loose screws or steps.
- Post-Weather Checks – Depending on the location of your building, weather can affect your rooftop more than others. It’s important to ensure no damage has occurred to guarantee a smoother operation.
Up Safety Measures with a Metal Building Accessories Supplier
While confident your facility is up to safety standards, updating your rooftop equipment guarantees a safer environment. As an industry leading Metal Building Accessories Supplier, we have the experience and the tools you need to accomplish your those standards. Here are our metal building accessories that can help you and your employees.
- Roof Hatches – Our hatches are engineered with compression spring operators to provide smooth, easy one-hand operation. An automatic hold-open arm locks the cover in the open position to ensure safety.
- Ladders – We offer a wide variety of ladder solutions to meet the needs of your unique building. Single climb, multi-climb and parapet wall conditions can be accommodated with or without a Safety Cage depending on your total climb height. Each of our OSHA compliant ladders can be hot dipped Galvanized or powder coated in a variety of standard colors. Our ladders have been used in Metal Buildings all over North America, and are among the top choices for Contractors, Architects and Engineers worldwide.
- METALWALK® – As a Metal Building Accessories Supplier, we are proud to be the exclusive supplier of the Rooftop Walkway System known as METALWALK®. Specified in CSI Division 07-7246 by Architects & Engineers the world over, the METALWALK® Rooftop Walkway System is the gold standard in safe rooftop access. It can be easily paired with many of our other products, including Ladders, Stairs, Roof Hatches and more.
Metal Building Accessories Supplier OSHA Fall Training Advice
Falls are the leading cause of work-related injuries among roofers. Working six feet or more above lower levels put roofers at risk if serious injury if they should fall. That’s why it’s important to train.
“Training must be conducted by a competent person and include information on how to recognize fall hazards and on what procedures to follow to minimize them. Training must address how to inspect, erect/disassemble, and maintain the fall protection equipment involved in the work.”
Training is a recurring aspect that should be reintroduced throughout the year. This Metal Building Accessories Supplier knows it will only provide a stronger, more The OSHA also provides a protection checklist. The list helps identify the right tools and planning that need to be set before, during and after rooftop projects.
Metal Building Accessories Supplier FAQ’s
Does Your Rooftop Walkway meet OSHA guidelines?
Each metal building accessory should meet the standards set in place by the OSHA. DCI’s Rooftop Walkway systems are fully tested to be OSHA compliant (Meets or exceeds OSHA and IBC code requirements). Our Roof Structures exceed OSHA and IBC 2012 code requirements.
Will a Walkway Roof System Make My Workers Safer?
Yes – Our METALWALK® Walkway Roof System simultaneously protects your roof from foot traffic damage and protects your employees from slips, trips and falls by giving them a sturdy way to access your rooftop equipment. During times of inclement weather, this only makes your employees work safer.
What is the OSHA requirement for fall protection?
OSHA requires that fall protection be provided at elevations of four feet in general industry workplaces, five feet in shipyards, six feet in the construction industry and eight feet in long-shoring operations.
Rooftop Safety is This Metal Building Accessories Supplier’s Top Priority
With 40 years in the industry, Design Components believes in quality, safety and great customer service. Our team of visionaries and engineers work together to bring safe, economical, durable and practical accessories that will enhance your building’s functionality and productivity potential. To find out more about how this Metal Building Accessories Supplier can help you, call us today at (800) 868-9910 or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.