The Sports industry thrives on the facilities their teams and players perform in. Whether it’s a small local community or Mercedes-Benz Superdome, there is a lot that goes into these arenas. There are safety precautions and regulations that must be in place for proper facility operation. That is also true for the facility’s technology and equipment. The Metal Building Accessories placed throughout arenas and facilities are just as important as event parking. Design Components wants to help you find the right Metal Building Accessories for your new or existing sports facility.
What Metal Building Accessories Matter Most for Your Sports Facility
Small facilities may be less in square footage, but that doesn’t limit the amount of metal building accessories that go into it. Larger facilities require much more equipment and technology that need the proper accessories to keep the facility operating optimally. What are common metal building accessories that would benefit sports facilities of all types?
- METALWALK®– If an indoor facility or arena, there is a good amount of equipment that must be easy to access. Our METALWALK® Rooftop Walkway System simultaneously protects your roof from foot traffic damage and protects your employees from slips, trips and falls by giving them a sturdy way to access your rooftop equipment. In conjunction with our Safety Handrail System, the METALWALK® Rooftop Walkway System does not penetrate any standing seam metal roof panels and is fully tested to be OSHA compliant (Meets or exceeds OSHA and IBC code requirements). Metal building Accessories like the METALWALK® are a great way for contractors and employees to access the arenas roof safely and with ease.
- Ladders – Facilities have fans, A/C units and other equipment that need maintenance indoors and out. That’s where having ladders throughout the facility can make the process much simpler. DCI offers a wide variety of ladder solutions for your sports facility. Single climb, multi-climb and parapet wall conditions can be accommodated with or without a Safety Cage depending on the height. These ladders pair perfectly with the METALWALK® Rooftop Walkway System
- Ventilation – The players and attendees health is priority no matter the occasion. The indoor air quality of sports facilities is a major aspect of any sports facility. Outdoor pollutants, cleaning practices and equipment exhaust can affect the quality of air quality within the facilities. To counter those issues, we recommend utilizing power or gravity ventilation Metal Building Accessories. Powered Fans are a vital part of a complete ventilation solution by forcing hot air out of your building while occupied. Our wall fans come to you in a pre-assembled metal building kit that includes the Fan, Motor, Wall Housing, Gravity Backdraft Damper and OSHA Guard as needed. Gravity vents work on the principle that hot air rises; your building heats up during the day and that excess heat is released naturally through the vents. This also helps if your facility hosts a gym.
Tips for Your Sports Facility after Installing Metal Building Accessories
While Metal Building Accessories are game-changers, how you run your facility is the key to successful seasons. Each season is different due to the type of sports, but how can you capitalize on other opportunities around your facility? That’s where DCI can help guide you in the right direction.
- Activities and Events – Indoor facilities may feel restricted due to the space provided. However, indoor facilities can be homes for numerous actives and events that may not be considered. If a slow transition between seasons, utilize the space for other events like gymnastic tournaments, karate camps, or open gym. Not only does it bring in more sports lovers, but it also gives the facility more flexibility.
- Parking – No matter the size of your sports arena or facility, parking is a determining factor for sports attendees. Hosting several events at a time can wreak havoc on the parking lots. Making sure to accommodate and or plan appropriately beforehand can help ease attendees’ minds.
- Flooring or Turf – Whether it’s an indoor basketball facility or home to a lacrosse team, proper flooring is important for sports facility flexibility. If multiple spaces are available within the facility, the right material needs to be purchased and put in place. While some may be cost-effective, others may be worth the investment. Honing in on what your facility needs and don’t needs is what matters here.
Sport Facility Trends with Metal Building Accessories
While facilities and arenas are ever expanding with new metal building accessories, one factor remains the focus: fans and attendees. The experiences sports lovers crave are being highly considered when they are constructing and rebuilding these arenas. What’s the fresh and innovative approach to sports facility construction? “The next generation of sports facility will provide more diversification of amenities inside and outside the venue, catering to fans of all ages and backgrounds, not just the premium-seat customer. … Venues will continue to increase the number of uniquely branded concourses, seating zones, plazas, clubs and social zones to better connect with fans and cultivate the future generation of sports fans”. That’s what Gerardo Prado of HNTB believes. If true, sports arena construction and revamps will require much more. That’s where Design Components can help your sports arena/facility shift into the new age of sports consumption. The solution? Utilizing our Metal Building Accessories, that’s how.
Design Components and Your Sports Facility Needs
Since 1978, Design Components, Inc. has been an industry leader and is the gold standard for metal building accessories. Our cost-efficient, long-life products are the best choice for your sports facility, plans and budget. To find out more information on our products and how they can help with your oil manufacturing facility, Contact Us or call us at (800) 868-9910.