Roof Walkway System for Your Manufacturing Company
Manufacturing companies utilize large buildings, facilities or even storage units for the services they offer. No matter the manufacturing company, loads of components, parts and other raw materials are always present. While what occurs inside these facilities is important to company success, the exterior is just as vital to the process. The equipment and technology that is present around the perimeter and roof is what keeps the building running optimally. Rooftop areas can be difficult and dangerous to access if not equipped with the safety precautions. That’s why Design Components is confident in saying your manufacturing company needs a Roof Walkway System. Not only are they simple to use, but they provide safety and security for your employees as well.
What to Look For When Purchasing a Roof Walkway System
As stated, each manufacturing company is unique no matter the industry. Finding the right Roof Walkway System for your specific company needs is important. Need to access HVAC systems? Can’t easily reach ventilation systems? That’s why Design Components is here to help you find the right fit.
Design Components Inc. of Atlanta, GA is the proud exclusive supplier of the Roof Walkway System known as METALWALK®. Our METALWALK® Roof Walkway System simultaneously protects your roof from foot traffic damage and protects your employees from slips, trips and falls by giving them a sturdy way to access your rooftop equipment. In conjunction with our Safety Handrail System, the METALWALK® Roof Walkway System does not penetrate any standing seam metal roof panels and is fully tested to be OSHA compliant (Meets or exceeds OSHA and IBC code requirements).
- Exceeds OSHA and IBC 2012 code requirements
- Does not penetrate SSR panels
- Custom painting available beau
- Optional 4″ toeboard non-skid surface
Adding More to Your Roof Walkway System
While these Roof Walkway Systems are a great way to ensure safety and operational ease, there are others accessories to consider as well. Accessing Roof Walkway Systems requires ladders or stairs depending on the building structure. The METALWALK® System can easily be paired with many of our other products, including ladders, stairs, roof hatches and more.
Design Components ladders come as single climb, multi-climb or parapet. Wall conditions can be accommodated with or without a Safety Cage depending on your total climb height. Each of our OSHA compliant ladders can be hot dipped Galvanized or powder coated in a variety of standard colors. The perfect companion to our METALWALK® Roof Walkway System, our ladders will get your crew from the ground to the roof, safely and reliably. Our ladders have been used in Metal Buildings all over North America, and are among the top choices for Contractors, Architects and Manufacturers worldwide.
- Ladder Construction – Side members are 1/4″x2″x2″ steel angle. Climbing rungs are 3/4″ corrugated steel round rungs spaced on 12″ centers. Stand-off brackets are 7″ or 12″ in length with longer brackets available upon request. Also Aluminum construction can be requested.
- Cage Features – Our OSHA-compliant safety cage designs have flared bottom openings for easy entry. Left or right side step access cage designs are available at no charge.
- General Ladder Information – Our standard fixed and walk-thru ladder models can be used up to 20′ in height without safety cages. OSHA requires safety cages on ladder heights exceeding 20′. Separate cages are now offered for updating older ladders to current safety standards.
If ladders may not seem like the best option, Design Components also offers stairs. Our stairs are manufactured with solid steel construction, a powder coat finish and are engineered to meet OSHA specifications. Ladders feature a flared entry for easy access and include a steel base mounting bracket. Our stairs work in perfect conjunction with our Roof Walkway Systems in both new construction and existing structures.
OSHA and Why a Roof Walkway System is the Safest Option
“Falls from roofs accounted for nearly… 34%, of the [injuries] during [a certain] period.” Every safety plan should begin with “Plan, Provide and Train”. From there, it is important for employers to provide the right equipment such as Roof Walkway Systems, ladders and safety gear. They are then responsible for training employees to ensure falls and other injuries do not occur. This means implementing safe work practices and a consistent representation of proper safety throughout the company management. Each Roof Walkways Systems serves the same purpose no matter the industry. Having employees familiar with the OSHA Roof Regulations and Safety guidelines can lead to a safer, more productive environment.
Industries That Benefit from Roof Walkway Systems
Manufacturing companies have a never-ending list of processes and actions that are carried out daily. That’s why the needs for each of these manufacturing companies vary from industry to industry. Each subsection has different sets of skills and goals to achieve. However, each of these sub-sections has one thing in common – Roof Walkway Systems.
- Chemical – Employees exposed to chemical, oil and coal products are already at certain risks. That’s why these manufacturing buildings are equipped with proper ventilation and HVAC systems. They provide safer indoor environments. These systems are typically located atop the buildings. To remain safe, Roof Walkway Systems are installed to allow easy access and smoother maintenance.
- Textile – Similarly, the clothing and textile industry is heavily reliant on proper ventilation. The systems in place to keep the employees comfortable must be well maintained. That’s why Roof Walkway Systems keep textile facilities on top of things by making the rooftops easily accessible and safer to reach.
- Energy – Plants and state power companies are exposed to electrical equipment regularly. Getting to facility technology securely and efficiently is crucial to not only the company, but potentially the surrounding areas. Roof Walkway Systems provide secure footing and support to those workers who spend a majority of their work days atop roofs.
Roof Walkway System That’s The Best for Your Manufacturing Company
With 40 years in the industry, we at Design Components believe in quality, safety and great customer service. Our team of visionaries and engineers work together to bring safe, economical, durable and practical accessories that will enhance your building’s functionality and productivity potential. To find out more about our Roof Walkway System, call us today at (800) 868-9910 or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.